Thursday, June 23, 2011

Challenge is Cool - Day 23 - Sunflare

The fatmumslim/white peach photography 30 day photo challenge....

Day 23 - Sunflare
Is this a sunflare?




We went for a walk today. It was gorgeous. Mr Cool. Miss A. Miss Z. Baby Cool. What an amazing little swag of people to share the journey with.





The colours this afternoon were sublime. You know, the time of evening when the western sky is bright orange, fading to deep blue and then it fades to pink while the eastern horizon is growing darker by the second. Sigh - lovely.




We walked our favourite walk up to a great picnic spot and lookout on the very edge of the escarpment that our city clings to. I have walked the path up to the lookout hundreds of times. 


I grew up in the town I live in. For a time we lived on the Coast and for a time we lived in London. I have wrestled with living in a small city for a long time. But, you know what? Our city is gorgeous. Truly beautiful.


This afternoon as I looked up into the branches of trees that have stood firm while I have grown up, I was overcome by the possibilities that life holds. Some things never change and stand firm while the world spins beyond recognition around them.





So - enjoy the sunset with me...


1 comment:

Jodie said...

Beautiful! I too love this little place we call home best in the late afternoon, just before the sun sets.

Post a Comment

Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...