Day 8 - Bad Habit
I NEVER open my mail.
(iPhone using Instagram)
I really hate opening mail. Really hate it. So, I just don't open it. I just leave it. If it is important, Mr Cool will get to it.
I think this hatred for mail started when I didn't pay for a Readers Digest Recipe Box set that came in 92 plastic wrapped packets over a year or something back in the 90s.... The friendly letters about how to pay turned nasty and then really nasty and then I got a letter from a debt collector - yes, I have been stalked by a debt collector - for recipes for Hassleback potatoes. So, the threat of being kneecapped by a pvc pipe wielding thug in a cheap suit whipped me into action - I got a cheque written and in the post quick sticks and I then dumbed the recipe box in a LifeLine bin.
I have never recovered.... So... now a decade (or two) down the road, I still get the heeby-geebees when I have to open mail, especially ones with plastic windows. So, I just don't open it.

3 comments:
Ha Ha! I remember those recipe cards. I bought them for awhile too. (I did pay, what a waste of money.) Did we find them together? I should give mine to lifeline also, I've never used them.
I love mail. However, the ones with plastic windows or look like bills, statements, etc. I have taught the kids this is 'boring mail' or 'Daddy's mail'.
Caitlin
There was a period of time, where I received those nasty little letters. I am in a better place but the memory still lingers.
The relief I get when I do get around to open it and its not bad news.
you are......hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment
Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!