Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Challenge is Cool - Day 29 - Black & White

The fatmumslim/white peach photography 30 photo challenge....

Day 29 - Black and White
I am loving my blog....


When I started writing for my blog, it was simply to get all the words that buzzed around my rattling head and onto a white surface, to make room for the more ideas gurgling away in the background. I had decided that I would not put my blog on Facebook, or in anyway publicise it, I thought I would just wait until people 'found' me. So there I sat, lurking in my little tiny spec of the blogosphere madly madly madly typing typing typing.


Then I got a bit restless. What was the point of writing if there is no one reading it? So .... I got discouraged and stopped for a bit. Then I started again and decided I needed to talk about fashiony things like shoes, make-up, and shopping - three things I love. So, that gave me fodder for a time. But, still no-one 'found' me other than the dear people in my life who knew I was madly writing.


So, again, I stopped for a bit. But I was still writing, I just didn't put the stuff on my blog. I just wrote to be creative and to use my brain. It was nice.  I was writing things about my kids and my life and bargains I had found and recipes I had tried. I wrote about blogs I had read and websites I liked. The creative ball started gaining momentum. I was then able to write lots of posts and post them quite regularly. With encouragement from my very crafty agent, I put some links up on facebook. This has been amazing! I have had so much encouragement and feedback from my lovely friends and family that I feel all warm and fuzzy.


What was that? Oh, you want to know about the link to 'Black and White'? Well, my blog has always been black & white (and red, of course). Right from the beginning, these are the colours I have worked with. Just last night in my blogging masterclass with my crafty agent, we discussed the colours for my blog and we both could not think of any other colours to use, they are very 'me'.


As June draws to an end, and I think back over the 30+ posts I have written and posted, I am tired, pleased and a bit chuffed that I actually did this. I have met some lovely people who are at the same place on this blogger journey as I am. I have been in contact with some big name bloggers. I have been so encouraged by friends and family who have just showered me with encouragement.  Some of my posts have actually HELPED people - oh my goodness! I never assumed for a second that this would have happened, and again I am grateful.... Hmmmm, this is beginning to sound like an Oscar acceptance speech!


So - I will keep on writing, in fact I have posts ready to schedule until September - sometimes up to 4 times a week! I have joined Twitter, I have started my own Facebook page and I am making some good connections. I sure have learnt a lot over June!


Thanks for sharing this Challenge.....


Some things to look forward to in the next little while....
  • How to Hug a Blogger
  • How to Wear Boots
  • How to have a picnic ...&...
  • 10 things
Mwah, 
B

3 comments:

Jodie said...

Yay for you! And excellent work on your 30 day project; such a nice feeling of accomplishment to reach the end of something like that. And hooray for facebook pages and tweeting!

Kirsty VI said...

congrats and well done....i am enjoying all your words and your pictures too:)

Marcie said...

Lots of cool reading,well done. The black and white is very effective.
Comforting to know others experience the same blog angst from time to time.
Marcie

Post a Comment

Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...