The fatmumslim/white peach photography 30 day photograph challenge....
Day 16 - Long Exposure
Weddings Before Digital
(iPhone using Instagram)
In the years I have been married, Mr Cool and I have: graduated from Uni, worked, travelled, worked abroad, made babies, bought houses, been on a single income, been on a double income, and now fumble our way through raising children.
I have only just recently realised that I am now a Grown Up. I know this because:
- I can whip up a risotto and a hot dessert for anyone who may happen to drop in around dinner time
- Most of the meals I make are served on plastic plates
- I have enough towels for guests to stay for a week
- I plan meals a week ahead, plus meals for the freezer
- Washing gets done daily
- A movie night involves G ratings and pausing for toilet breaks
- I own a 4X4 that I use to drop my kids at school and not for driving off road
- I tsk tsk people younger than me who don't show manners, show ingratitude or who do not make time in their lives for family/friends
My long exposure to marriage has been amazing. I am glad I still have a life time to develop this further.

4 comments:
Great to read B !!:) On "realising that you are a grown up" ,I on the hand still don't "feel" like a grown up because I own a car but cannot drive it on my own yet...grrr...the day will come, soon. :) But, I do have some very lovely people in my life that have been fetching and dropping A and I, bless those people:)
That is the sweetest ode to "Marriage", that I've ever read.
Thanks girls...
Lianne, you do have lovely people in your life!!
Tracy - thank you - it was easy to write as I have the sweetest marriage....
Post a Comment
Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!