Thursday, June 16, 2011

Life is Cool: Friends who Youtube

I have uber-cool friends. Of course I do. They would not, and simply could not, be my friends if they were not! The married duo of friend #214 and #215 are a force to be reckoned with.


Let me tell you about these two: they are smart, funny, witty, natty, quirky, classy and and just so awesome to have in our inner circle. Friend #214 is quite possibly the most sensible and well adjusted person on the planet. Oh my goodness, when I need a good dose of common sense or even someone to back up my fanciful daydreaming - she is my IT girl. She just knows stuff. And lots and lots of stuff. She is a journalist, a teacher, a marketing-guru-something-or-other, she is also a very dedicated and cool mum, a wife, daughter, sister and friend extraordinaire. She understands the value of talking to people and also about giving time to her friends. She is another of my keepers.


Friend #215 is the creative quirky one in the outfit. He collects things. China, Star Wars bits and bobs, Matchbox cars, Black T-shirts etc etc. The ultimate gift to give #215 would be items numbered 1, 2, 5, and 6 in a series of something. His most recent attempt at a collection was fancy beer bottles. I think it was vetoed by #214 though. He loves collecting things. He is also quite the chum with Mr Cool, they text each other when out shopping and their conversations often involve talking about shoes and jeans and haircuts and NRL, naturally. 


They have two cool kids. Very cool. I know my kids are cool. But THESE kids are 'Mambo before Big W' cool - seriously.  #214a is always decked out in funky jeans and super cute t-shirts and owns more Converse and Nike sneakers than anyone under 15 should own. Uber ... Uber cool.... #214b is a pink version of the above, oh so musk stick sweet....


Friend #215 recently entered a competition to win a new phone through Gizmodo. He needed to submit a clip of why he needed  'the shiny new Galaxy S II and all its Gingerbread Android wonders' and also 50 words.  Being techi and cool, he enlisted the work of young #214a.... Here is his youtube clip.  




Now you may think this is cute, a gorgeous little boy making his youtube debut. However, it is not... he has been on youtube a lot.... Check this out... 

This is 'Tipping Baby'




These friends are soooo cool, they had to have another baby. A girl this time. So.... here they exploit, I mean CHARM us with her footy tipping...



I am so glad I have such lovely friends, I thought that this was a good chance to share the love. Oh, and by the way, they didn't win the new mobile phone - what must it have taken? A trained elephant who can do sign language? An interview with Bill Gates? What? What could have topped that great clip... Honestly.... Please explain Gizmodo!


Below are the links to the winning clips...pfft - I still don't think they top a cute 4 year old though....


So, Who Gets A New Samsung Galaxy S II?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...