The fatmumslim/white peach photography 30 day photograph challenge....
Day 21 - Faceless Self-Portrait
Who am I without my Face?
In some ways I would be more comfortable if people didn't see my face.
I have quite a lot of scarring. I had acne as a tween through until I was 33 when I had some laser surgery done. I also have some deep scars from a terrible bout of chicken pox when I was 12. This also damaged some nerves near my eye, so it droops a bit.
I had to have a cyst removed from the end of my nose when I was 30 as it was growing rapidly and some of my students starting calling me a witch - kids can bully teachers too it turns out. The first attempt at plastic surgery for this didn't meld together properly, leaving an open wound on the end of my nose. So I had to have it done again. This didn't meld properly either, I am meant to get it done again, but who wants to have the tip of their nose chopped open for the THIRD time? Not me... No Sir...
My skin just scars really easily. It is really oily and I would really rather not talk about it actually... But, being older and wiser, it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. I do wonder at times what people's first impressions of me are based on my appearance.
Fortunately, I don't think I am ugly... I don't think I am a supermodel beauty, but the combination of my features is harmonious enough. I have sparkly brown eyes, a cheeky sense of humour and I like to look cool, these three things get me through when sheer mind-blowing beauty is lacking.
I hope none of you think I am a horrid scarred freak - so here is a photo of what I look like.... I don't want my lovely 18 readers to think I wear a shroud and scare small children...
What steals your self-esteem?


2 comments:
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL B! Love the photo above...the one WiTH your face! Gorgeous grin.....sparkling eyes.....glowing checks......cooooool hair......beautiful teeth....neat eyebrows.....trendy clothes and an inside that is just as pretty:))
You are very kind Kirsty! Thank you - I was hoping that the post above did not seem as if it was fishing for compliments..... But thanks....
Post a Comment
Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!