Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cool Kids - A Gift Idea for a Girl's Birthday


Remember this gift?



I mentioned in my post about gift wrapping, that I would reveal what was inside the parcel...


Well, first you must look back at the inspiration for the gift  Click here to see . A lovely idea, don't you think?


So... Miss A and I put together this gift....




So exactly what did we put together?


  • a cute silicone cup cake baking tray - pink love hearts were a nice touch
  • a fancy pink cake mix - any cake mix can make cupcakes, so don't limit yourself to just cupcake packs
  • some gorgeous sparkly pink sprinkles in a very cute twisty cannister

We normally don't buy cards, we prefer to make them - but we were well under our budget and this card with cupcakes and pink swirls on it was too hard to resist.

I love this idea, I mean toys are fun but they don't hold interest for a long time. I thought that the cup cake pan and sprinkles might encourage some family time and encourage cooking skills. All good in my books...

Some other ideas I would like to use for cooking inspired gift ideas for children...
  • Cute tea towel, apron and oven mits
  • Pizza stone, rolling pin and an apron
  • Cookie cutters, rolling pin and apron
  • A recipe for biscuits with all the ingredients

What are some other 'out of the box' l gifts to give to a youngster?



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cleaver mummy. What a great idea, i have a birthday coming up to go to so I just might make use of one of your sugestions. Thanks again for sharing your unique thoughts.

B said...

Thanks for your comments! I love giving presents. I love picking them out and then wrapping them and then making the cards and {the best bit} giving them too!

I write these things down here on my little blog so I remember too, but it is nice to know others are finding inspirational!

I have had 4 people tell me just today that they have bought brown paper to wrap gifts with. This makes me happy.

CraftyMummy said...

I saw a blogpost yesterday that used a silicon ice tray to melt crayons into cute shaped crayons, so you give the ice tray, the crayons and the instructions for melting. I must go find the link again...

Treasure Hunt Game said...

thanks for giving some tips about birthday gift..i think treasure hunt game is also good choice for kids on birthday treasure hunt is am interesting game that was playing on parties...

Post a Comment

Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...