Sunday, July 31, 2011

Anna Says - More Thrifty Philosophy


More Thrifty Philosophy....

I wrote a blog about some of my money philosophies, obviously dear Anna liked what she read. So she asked for more...

So, this week we are talking about washing. Oh yes, washing.

I have been using Radiant washing powder for years and years. I love the smell, I love that you can buy it in big boxes, I love that it works - every time.

But, I read a blog post written by a friend called Ness who is doing a blog challenge called, '100 Days of Hippiness'. Ness is into being green, she thinks about the environment as well as products that work. I was amazed at how simple some of the products she uses are... like vinegar, and bi-carb soda and stuff like that. I read her instructions for washing liquid and thought 'what the heck, let's give it a go'. So I did...

It was easy to make, literally took about 15 minutes from start to finish. It does have to sit overnight, so you will need to allow time for this. I did not and had HEAPS of clothes to wash when the detergent was finally ready... drat.

I have been using this detergent for over a week now and honestly, I really like it. I miss the smell of Radiant, but I cannot complain about the cleanliness of our clothes. I like that I am being a bit kinder to the environment by using this detergent. It is also saving me money... Look at this...


Click here for the recipe... It is easy as... 

Oh, I put in about 5 drops of Eucalyptus oil which would up the price by a whopping $0.00035

Anyone else out there willing to try this?



5 comments:

Allegro ma non troppo said...

It has to sit overnight? Gotta be organised, I guess!

Part of me wants to try. The rest of me is lazy.

Givinya De Elba said...

I am wondering if I could try a few loads to see if it's going to work for us? What say I pay you 2c for 160mL (4 washes)? I'd certainly be in if it's going to make us all happy!

Now to find 2c.

Ooh ooh, WAIT! Maybe I need to give an OPINION on something? That's apparently "my $0.02 worth," isn't that what they say? Okay then:

"It is my considered opinion that Owen Wilson was a strange choice to voice Lightning McQueen, but it's too late now."

CraftyMummy said...

Hmmm... since I trust you, I'm willing to try it. When I finish the huge box of detergent I bought 2 weeks ago.

B said...

Mrs De Elba - because I am such a nice person and because you enrich my life and because you have lovely hair... I will give you some of my detergent. Bring a jar over some time.

In fact, for those local, I am more than willing to share out my detergent. It is not as if I am going to run out any time soon!

Tracy said...

Oh yes..I'm bit of a "greeny" and buy a laundry detergent which is $2:93. Ticks the boxes for being eco friendly, recyclable and easy on my pocket.
Great read..

Post a Comment

Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...