I came across this recipe through one of my favourite blogs, fatmumslim. I thought that I could use an easy, tasty biscuit recipe... So I tried it. It is a great recipe. Had to share.
Condensed milk biscuits are easy to make, cheap, delicious and the recipe make HEAPS of them! I have wrapped up sets of two biscuits in cling film, packed them into large zip-lock bags and frozen them for school lunches. They are a big hit around here!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
Serves: approximately 100!
Ingredients:
500 grams of softened un-salted butter
1/2 cup of caster sugar
1 tin of sweetened condensed milk
5 cups of self-raising flour
Method:
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celcius, line LOTS of baking trays!
- Cream butter, sugar and condensed milk together in a BIG bowl
- Add flour and mix well
- Roll teaspoonfuls into balls and pop onto the lined trays
- Press with a fork or see 'Variations' below and bake for 12-15 mins depending on your oven and how dark you like your biscuits
- Do try to wait until they are cool before eating, we don't need burnt tongues!
Variations:
- Push a chocolate freckle into the top - my kids' favourite!
- Roll into hundreds and thousands
- Push the end of a wooden spoon into each biscuit making a little hole. Then put 2 tbsp of jam into a zip-lock bag, twist it up so that all the jam is pressed into one corner. Snip off a tiny hole in the bag and squirt a dollop of jam into each biscuit
- Roll in chocolate chips or mini m&ms
- Roll in cinnamon and sugar
- All of the above for a biscuit tin of fun!
- I have also tried to use my biscuit press with this dough. I think that with some more trials, this dough would work - I just have to kneed it a bit more to make the mixture softer
*edit* Just realised that the photos above show my massive baking trays full of biscuits... I have a 90cm oven so I only have to make 2 trays of biscuits. Makes them super quick to get through the oven!
Submitted by


No comments:
Post a Comment
Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!