These are the spices I use ALL THE TIME, I can make meals from all over the world with this collection....
10 Spices that you should always have on hand
- Nutmeg - great in a Bechamel sauce, or on toast with phile cheese and banana
- Cinnamon - delicious in French Toast Mix, a sprinkle into Chilli Con Carne or in coffee
- Cumin - delicious in dips and sauces, goes really well with coriander in curries
- Coriander - my favourite soup is Carrot & Coriander, also great in curries
- Turmeric - very yellow and quite bitter, but essential in curries, fabulous with chicken
- Ginger - an essential ingredient for gingerbread men and also delicious in curries
- Garam Marsala - fabulous in curries, but put it in right at the end of cooking to get max flavour
- Sweet Paprika - fabulous in goulash, can also be added to pasta sauces
- Smoked Paprika - delicious in mexican food and also gives depth to casseroles
- Chilli - a dash of chilli is delicious in soups, curries and casseroles
Can you tell we eat a lot of curry at our house?
What is your favourite spice?

2 comments:
I agree with most of yours, though I don't use nutmeg very often. The 3 spices that get the biggest workout here are cinnamon, sweet paprika and ginger - love 'em! I'm also a fan of Chinese 5 spice, an indispensable ingredient in my husband's favourite meal. It's quite a unique flavour, and we love it.
Definately cumin - it has such a warm, earthy zing to it!
Post a Comment
Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!