Conjure
Writing short posts is an excellent way to flex your word choice muscles. Which word is the most clear? Poignant? Direct?
This week I want you to conjure something. An object, a person, a feeling, a color, a season- whatever you like.
But don’t tell me what it is, conjure it.
Don’t tell me you were sad- tell me that your face crumpled as tears drizzled down your cheeks.
Don’t tell that that one guy was hot- tell me about his eyes. Or his tush. Whatever.
You have 100 words, use them wisely. And yes- you so can do this!
Come back to link up on Tuesday. I can’t wait to read what you conjure!
Can you guess what I am thinking of?
From the moment you touch my lips, I am yours. You are golden, sweetness and comfort. When I hold you, your warmth spreads through my hands and flows through my body like mist. I begin to uncoil, sighing, at peace. Your sweetness soothes my soul and fills my senses. To some, you seem insignificant. Something to take for granted. An accompaniment. But to me, you are fields and fields of flowers. You are India. At the end of a long day, it is you I look forward to. Blessed am I that Mr Cool understands my connection with you.
So... What do you think it I am describing? Scroll down to see if you are right. Feel free to write what you thought I was describing in the comments - just to see how effective my description was, not that I am fishing for comments of course!
A nice hot cup of tea before bed.... Aaahhhh..... Bliss. The end of the day ritual.
20 comments:
Tea? Darjeeling? Ceylon? Err, I hope I'm not too far off.
At first I thought Honey: no -- you don't have that warm to drink. Then chai -- Indian tea with spices. The 'golden' threw me because I drink tea with milk and it's tannish brown rather than golden, but I can see how it could be golden too. Comforting read!
Just at the end of the day? :)
Tea gardens are beautiful.
Yes, this. Hot tea = bliss. :)
Tea! I love this description :) I love just inhaling the steam, my hands around the mug. Lovely job.
I was close! I thought coffee, but if I would have really listened to India, I woulda changed my mind! Great job!
"Your sweetness soothes my soul and fills my senses." I love this description. It's how I feel about hot wassail.
I was first thinking a freshly baked good, a cupcake, or something like that. But then when you said India, I thought of varying things and scents I could imagine. But neglected to think of tea. Which is crazy, as I love tea, too! ;) Well written!
I think you did an excellent job with this prompt - I knew you were thinking of tea!
You have an awesome way with words. I would have never guessed it was tea! I was wayyyy off! :)
I love that description - that makes me want a cup right now.
I totally guessed it was a hot cup of tea, so you did a great job with your description!
Very nice! You did an excellent job with your descriptions and the feelings evoked by a simple cup of tea.
Oh me too! I love it right before bed as well. You described it so well that I smiled and knew what you were talking about. Very nice!
Oh Assam or English Breakfast for me please - and all through the day - not just the morning. ;D Great take on the prompt. Shah. X
Read it twice, but figured it out correctly on the second read.
I feel terribly clever.
Wow - how awesome to have so many comments! A nice surprise to wake up to!
Yes, it was tea - well done you clever clever peeps! I will try and get to all of your posts throughout the next day or two.
What a fun post - good job Galit!
I was thinking tea...I agree with what someone else said, a comforting read. Made me want to put the kettle on.
You did a perfect job! I had it on the first try. For me, it was coffee since I'm a coffee drinker and horribly in love with my addiction.
Thanks for feedback - I love this link up! MWAH!
Post a Comment
Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!