Tuesday, October 18, 2011

RemembeRED - Autumn Where You Are

Crisp apples, plucked from the orchard, and brilliant leaves blending into the sunset along the horizon mean autumn has arrived in Michigan.
If you’re in one of the areas of the country still sweltering in summer-like temperatures, perhaps George Eliot can help bring some autumnal memories to the surface:
Delicious autumn!  My very soul is wedded to it,
and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive
autumns. ~George Eliot
For you, what does autumn evoke?
Show us in 300 words or less; come back to link-up on Tuesday, October 18th!

I live in Australia. We are now all excited about Spring and the impending Summer. I decided to take some poetic license and contrast Spring and Autumn intertwined with a human element. I hope that this is okay?!


I am Spring. You are Autumn.

While I am here, you are there. I am in Spring, you are in Autumn. The same spinning world, but we live poles apart. New life is abounding here, but life gathers into itself where you are. I dream of heavy headed flowers bobbing on a cool breeze, you dream of glowing woodfires and curling up inside.

Life is the same for us all but each one is unique. One thing in your hemisphere means another in mine. When I sleep dreams of the sea, you are awake battling waves. When I am spinning and weaving in the sun, your dreams are dew covered gossamer threads.


The same sun that leaves you cold, warms me up. The same moon burning bright for you, leaves me darkened. I sometimes wish we could swap, you could have my life for a day, you could know what I know for a day and vice versa. I wonder if that would mean we understood each other better, or would it harden our hearts to know what we have not shared? Life can be so cruel, so kind, so ugly, so beautiful.


Everything comes in its own time. Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring. Times for fun, reflection, rest and renewing. What a shame they are opposites for us. When I am having fun, you are resting. When I want reflection, you want renewing. When you are resting, I am having fun. Never the two shall meet. 

One day we may be on the same page you and I. One day you might understand the other side of this tale. But for now I want new growth and you, you want to rehash the old. Thrashing over and over the lies and the stories and the changed perspectives. Thrashing. Thrashing. Thrashing.

Autumn and Spring. Spring and Autum. You and me. Me and You.






So, what do you think? I don't normally write like this, it feels a bit exposing.... Hmmm, I am more comfortable with handbags and shoes!




1 comment:

Eloise said...

I loved this B. Its beautiful. My favourite part is 'When I sleep dreams of the sea, you are awake battling waves. When I am spinning and weaving in the sun, your dreams are dew covered gossamer threads.' Such beautiful writing!

Post a Comment

Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...