Today I am linking up with the lovely Liz from 'A Belle, A Bean & a Chicago Dog' with her iPPP link up...

So... when does a mother remove her nail polish?
Perhaps when her toes look like this?
Notice the great chunk out of the side?
I only noticed this other day when I was chatting to someone.
When did I kick my toe hard enough to knock the corner off my nail? You would think I would remember when this happened, surely! But I have no memory of it.
Being a mum is a tough gig. There is no time to even assess an injury! It is so full on! I never realised that there would be such time restrictions placed on me. Or the ramifications of these time restrictions. For example: I have to schedule things like leg shaving because I can't wear my skinny jeans if my legs are hairy, it hurts. But, if I want to wear my cute new stripy t-shirt I need to ensure that the legs are shaved so I can wear the cute jeans to match. In all my wildest teenage dreams, this would never have been something that would have blipped my radar.
I don't paint my nails very often because I know that I will then have to find the time to remove the polish when it looks like, well, like the photo above. Gross. I think natural nails are a bit easier to maintain. Just not as pretty. Sigh.
Do you paint your nails? How often? How long do they stay looking delish? Sorry male readers... :0)

7 comments:
Ha, I have an almost matching pic of mine from when I went to the beach and dug in the pebbles with my toes.
Umm, that was two weeks ago ..... they STILL look like that :/
In my defence/as my excuse, the weather has changed, it's boots all the way and no one but me see's them anyhow ...
with the constraints of time caused by 4 boys, a full time job, Mt Washmore and everything else I have to fit in, my toenails sadly are the least of my worries. it probably helps that my boobs are big enough to hide them from my view. Today while in the cue at Maccas I noticed a women wearing pristine white Havianas and sporting rather funky bright orange toe nails.....I was impressed.
Aaah - thankfully I have real women who read my blog! I was worried I would have comments from someone who was going to tell me that I am not a real woman until I have perfectly painted toenails and perfectly sculptured eyebrows. I am so not on top of either of these things right now!
White havaianas - seriously!? My next pair will be chocolate brown to hide the dirt!!
Hi from #IPPP! Getting a pedi at the salon is my one "big" indulgence - I used to not paint my toes b/c of the dread of leaving it on too long, not taking it off (always chipped) but now I go to the salon. That said every time I paint my girls' toenails it stays on forever so now I dread their painted toesies. !
PS: Thanks for stopping by my blog. Yes Halloween is a weird American thing but I do love it. My family's from NZ, I love Oz. Whereabouts are you at?
No way! But I can totally see it. I have had those same type of moments where I think, "How do I have zero memory of something like that happening!" Once i spotted that, I'd be so antsy to cut that nail; it would drive me crazy!
Mine have been paintless for weeks! I used to be deadset againsit toes showing with no paint, now, EH - they are only toes!
I've been like that lately...I paint my toenails when I need them to look nice, and by the time I do it again, they look very UN-nice!
Post a Comment
Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!