Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Charity Shop Handbag Love

I am not the kind of gal who has a handbag for every occasion. Or a bag that matches every pair of shoes. I usually use the same bag until the junk in the bottom gets so bad that it is easier to just move on to a new bag than to clean it out... 


The other day I popped into one of my favourite charity shops in the hope of finding something on my list of things I keep my eye out for in charity shops. 'Hand Bag' is not on that list. But... I found this one, it was $4. I liked the colour, it would match my boots. I also liked the pockets. I also liked that it didn't smell like an old wardrobe filled with moth balls. It was coming home with me.





I then saw this one, it was $3. Oh dear. How to choose? You guessed it, I bought both! 





When I got home, I looked in the cupboard where I keep my handbags and discovered a few other bags that I had bought from op-shops. It seems I like handbags....









Getting these photos was not as simplistic as you would think... My fashionista chickens were back! This is Lilly.


The total of these handbags is under $20.  I know that they are not DKNY or Gucci - but hey, they are fun and funky. I am not so precious about them that I can't put lollipops or half eaten gingerbread men in them. It is amazing how many people ask about my bags - I think good shape and colour is always in style.

What follows you home from charity shops?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Handbags do!! At one stage I had 27....I am now down to 5.

Post a Comment

Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...