
I am not the best decorator. I want to be. I really do. I love looking at housey magazines and flicking through Pinterest boards, and I think I have really good taste. But, something happens to my brain between the looking and the doing. I have good ideas and sometimes even follow through with them.
A few years ago, I bought two boxes of black frames totalling twenty frames that I was going to make into a photo gallery in our hallway. But, then we were getting our bathroom renovated, so I didn't want the builders to knock the pictures off the walls, so I put it off. Then Mr Cool and I couldn't agree on the spaces between the frames and then I lost interest. So I boxed up the frames and banished them to the 'shed'.
Mr Cool and I were looking through some photos the other day and commented on how beautiful our children are. Then came the questions, "Why don't we have more photos of the children on display?" and "What ever happened to those black frames?" and THEN "Remind me why we didn't ever get around to hanging those frames?". Sigh.
Mr Cool's mum often asks for photos of the kids, and I just never get around to printing them off for her {or us}. She mentioned just last week how I am not so good at the keeping up to date with photos in frames thing. She has a point, there is only one photo of our soon to be 4 year old on display, and Mr Cool's mum gave us that. Sigh.
We have lived in our house for nearly six years. We have two sliding doors that go between the front room and the kitchen or the hallway. Above the door is a white board that hides all the mechanics of the sliding door things. I thought it was just that, A board. But... would you believe it is a ledge? I know - I too was AMAZED! How could I not know that after living here for SIX years? Terrible. Terrible.
I then had an epiphany... Watch and learn.
Yesterday, Miss Z and I got the frames from the shed {I even used a ladder - eep}, cleaned the ledge {oh the dust, I am ashamed of myself!} and put the frames up there! I think it looks great! The room feels more alive already!
I figured I would put the frames where I wanted them and then order photos in the exact size and layout for the frames. That is next week's job - I had better strike while the iron is hot so they say.
When we had them all lined up, Miss Z and I stood back to admire our handiwork. I asked if Miss Z like the frames up on the ledge, she replied with big eyes and an excited smile, "Yes! And it is so lovely to have that other family's photos in them too!"
How cute! She did seem a bit disappointed that I am planning to put photographs of US in the frames, it is a very good looking family...
When I have put the photos of us in the frames, I will do an 'After' shot. Our family is pretty good looking too!


5 comments:
I too have a BIG box of black frames sitting in a cupboard that I never got around to hanging :/ I really must do something with them!!! They look great up on your "ledge"! Looking forward to seeing the after photos!
GREAT idea! You have lots of beautiful people to put on display so it's nice to see they now have a place to sit. Our new place has a hallway that will be part gallery and part library...the idea being to minimalist photo frame 'clutter' elsewhere in the house. Will just mean cartwheels in that part of the house though:)
Too funny. I looked at the picture with all the frames displayed in their new great spot and I thought...Odd. That all looks like the same picture. No worries. You'll get your family in there soon. Baby steps has always been my motto.
It's awful but my heart clenched at ladder. I always expect something awful to happen with them. Which means I'm officially my father.
We have a friend spending a few nights here, when he walked in to our 'front room' he asked why there were so many frames with someone else's family in them! Funny!
It is good motivation to get photos ordered THIS week - I just have to get through a party for BabyCool tomorrow and then I am on to it.
Thanks for visiting lovely people!
Post a Comment
Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!