I had a great response to my last 'Go To Outfit' so, I thought I would do another... I feel very awkward posting photos of my clothes and of MYSELF - eep! But, this is another outfit that got quite a few comments and it made me {again} realise that looking good does not have to dent your credit card. Some clever shopping and patience really pays off.
I had also just come from the hairdresser, so it was a good chance to have some 'what my hair is SUPPOSED to look like' shots.
Firstly, here is the outfit...
Cute huh?
Now the breakdown... Ready?
I am so glad I grabbed the skirt when I did. I had seen in it LifeLine and thought that $12 was simply too much to pay at a charity shop. But, I couldn't get it out of my mind, it had original tags on it and the lady at the store said she dated it to be early 80s. So the next day I went back and bought it. I like that it sits on the waist, not on the hips. It is also quite full and has pockets in the sides, which is nice. The fabric is cut on a bias giving it a very nice swishy feel {this is where I should tell you what kind of fabric it is, but I haven't a clue! It does require ironing, so there must be some cotton in there.}
The t-shirt was bought at a factory outlet shopping centre - in the middle of winter. Everything was 50% off and then they had a mad dash sale of another 25% off. I walked out of the store with 2 t-shirts, a singlet and a denim skirt for under $20. What a steal!
The total cost of this outfit is $22.95. How is that possible!? I like that this skirt can be dressed up with a cute shirt and some sparkly shoes or dressed down with a t-shirt and some flats.
Where would I wear this outfit? Well, I wore it to the hairdresser! I would wear it shopping or if I was going out for lunch, coffee with friends or the school run if I was feeling like dressing up.
I like having some items in my wardrobe that are neither out of fashion or completely in fashion, like my vintage Cue skirt. I think that is the definition of a 'classic' item. These can be mixed with new season items like shoes and jewellery adding more individualism to your look.
So... go forth and purchase classic items at bargain prices at your local charity shop or outlet shopping precinct. Let me know what you find!

4 comments:
Love the skirt B!
Some things are just meant to be.
I'm a huge fan of charity shops - that dress I mentioned - I went back and tried it on - it fitted PERFECTLY £8.99 for a dress from Warehouse - I am chuffed to bits!
If I can get a decent pic I'll post it later in the week :)
That skirt is awesome!!! Great job being super cute and thrifty :) Now, you've got me motivated...off to shop!
$22!!!! oh I just love stylish outfits that cost NOTHING. it makes me feel so darn cute AND clever! you look gorgeous, and the new haircut is vavavoom!
Thanks girls. I do love a bargain! Sarah, some of my favourite 'London Clothes' were from charity shops, I lived in South Woodford which is quite a snooty little hamlet just before Essex. I once went into an Oxfam in Kensington and could not afford anything - mind you it was all Burberry and Guess!
Lillie and Eloise - is op-shopping good in Melbourne? I would love to visit just to shop... I don't relax at the beach, I relax at the SHOPS! Thank goodness I am sensible and thrifty!
Post a Comment
Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!