I am still such a newbie blogger. There is so much I do not know. Nor will I ever claim to know. However, I do know I love to write. I love to be inspired. I love to share. I love to learn new things. My blog gives me an outlet for all of these things. To have 'followers' is a bonus. To have people approach me and mention my blog is truly cool. To know that there are people all over the world clicking on my links and leaving comments, blows my mind.
Now, I have been awarded some awards! Check. It. Out!
Firstly, I was nominated for a Versatile Blogger Award, by the lovely Rain over at Iredescent Rain. Rain actually nominated me a while ago, but I had no idea what that meant. Thankfully, the very talented Eloise was nominated and wrote a fabulous acceptance post about it - so I was able to email her and get the low down on it...
Here are the rules {which I read, but still didn't get it - I can be quite dense.}
Then the other day, I was nominated for a 'Special Award' by the lovely 'K' over at Special K.... The rules for this award are quite similar to the VBA, so I will kill two birds with one stone and graciously accept these awards simultaneously....
So firstly, I must thank Rain. What a sweet heart. Rain and I do some writing link-a-dos together and we comment on each other's writing - geeky to some is fun for others.... Also a big thank you to Special K, very sweet of you to award me this award....
I am going to do the 7 things first... Because I like to shake things up....
7 Things You May Not Know About B...
1. I Hate Celery... Really. Truly. If you try to feed it to me, I will not eat it. If you cut up into tiny peices and try to hide it in food, I will not eat it. I will welcome starving to death ahead of eating it. I hope I have conveyed this emotion strongly enough. I hate it.
2. I am blonde. In every sense of the word. I know my hair is currently brown - but that is simply because I few years ago my sister and I made my hair go kahki green. It was easier to go dark than to maintain any shade of blonde. Most people are genuinely surprised when they hear that I am naturally blonde, I take this to mean that I am not your stereotypical blonde.
3. I am a teacher. I wanted to be a teacher since my first day of grade one. I love to work with kids and watch them learn. I get cranky when students don't accept the opportunity to learn. When I was 5 I thought being a teacher meant you had to draw giraffes well, I was wrong.
4. I am a terrible dancer. Terrible. Appalling. I hated school discos and still hate it when I am required to dance. I would love to have dancing lessons so that I can at least do a simple waltz. My two step shuffle is appalling. Shameful.
5. I am the youngest child of four. This can be both good and bad. I will always be the 'baby' which again, is good and bad. My children are older than my sisters' children, so that throws the whole advice giving chain of command out the window.
6. My favourite colour is red. I didn't think I needed a favourite colour at my age, but, I have a three year old. It is now critical that I have one.
7. I love to cook. I really do. I relax when I cook, I go to a happy place where things are interesting and ever changing. I rarely use recipes, only for baking, and I rarely make anything that isn't pretty darn good. But, don't ask Miss Z whether she thinks I can cook. She asks me all the time why I bother cooking, when all she likes is wraps and cheese. Sigh.
I cannot give you 15 blogs that I love, but I can pass on 10, I hope this is okay...
Friends Who Blog....
1. CraftyMummy - She is tops. Love her work. Although I am not crafty, I do appreciate the genius behind the blog. CraftyMummy gives me all sorts of tips, advice and encouragement all the time. She is so cool. MWAH!
2. Caitlin's Happy Heart - Caitlin has been my friend for a very long time, we went to uni together. We will always be friends and one day we may actually be able to sit and talk at length about life. Caitlin has just had triplets, she is bravely documenting this.
3. A Fruitful Life - I get lots of information about lots of things from being more green, to being more content, to painting up things to look pretty over at Lacey's blog. This is a very happy and uplifting place to visit.
Two Of My Fav Bloggy Friends....
4. The True Adventures of Eloise - What a very talented writer/blogger/person Eloise is. I like having someone a bit further down the blogging road to link up with. Eloise is funny, thoughtful and a is a war history buff. I am gonna love watching how far this girl will go.
5. People Don't Eat Enough Fudge - I would like to meet Sarah Mac one day - I bet she is hilarious and funny and witty. Her post about a cat being stuck in an exhaust is still one of the funniest things I have read in a while...
Blogs I have just discovered and am liking a lot...
6. Kate Says Stuff - Kate is funny, refreshing and real. I am enjoying reading about life with her family and tips on various things.
7. Lillie McFerrin Writes - nice to find another blog written by a writer. I find these hard to come by. I am enjoying reading about the life of someone who is passionate about getting published.
Big Name Bloggers {who I think would be really nice in real life}...
8. Beafunmum - Kelly is amazing. She writes about all sorts of helpful, gritty and encouraging things. I have been amazed that Kelly has taken the time to reply to my emails and has given some lovely feedback to some hard to write blogs.
9. A Belle A Bean and A Chicago Dog - Liz blogs about all manner of useful things. She is a bit of a blogging legend and shares a lot about life with her kids too. I link up with Liz for an iPhone photo link up. She is a fun gal.
10. Fox In Flats - Andrea is the girl in the know. I love reading realistic fashion tips and trends. I love reading the style guides and the snapshots she takes of real women 'on the street' are great. Her catch cry is 'Navigating Motherhood in Style' - I like that a lot.
Right, so I hope I have done this right... What a world of linking I have just done!
Thanks for the blog love... This is my 198th post... who would have thought?



5 comments:
Thank you B :))
Hey, and how freaky is this!!!
I hate celery with a passion and I'm sure it's the devils food, can't even have it in the house (something I've mentioned more than once on my blog).
I too am the youngest of four AND I love, love LOVE to cook.
Wouldn't it be great to meet up? Bet we'd have a real giggle x
awww, B you are such a sweetheart xxx thank you for all the lovely things you have said about me. You are one of my favourite bloggy friends too and its awesome to share journey with you x Congrats on the 198, I don't think I'm anywhere near that!
Mwah! Thank you! I KNEW it was only a matter of time before others recognised your loveliness.
You are so much more organised than me - I bet you have a plan for that 200th post...
Well ladies, you proved me right with your lovely comments!
CraftyMummy - I didn't have anything big planned for my 200th post - but it will come up tomorrow - so I had best get on to it today! Eep... I think a list of 200 would be out of the question. We shall discuss in about 14 minutes I guess!
Awww! Always is a major thrill to get a link thrown! Ta! What a great mate you are. (Makes me feel I should be a bit braver in documenting the journey, not much documentation to be seen yet... Yikes!)
As to the things I might not know about B, was very glad to know them, except number 6. Nice to know. That was the funniest point in the whole post though! Number 4 is possibly why our friendship was sealed at uni. Neither of us forced the other to dance at the uni club!
Post a Comment
Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!