Lightning - Living Through The Storm
This piece is loosely based on fiction and partly on fact. Partly my fact and partly others' fiction.
The lightning flashed through the sky leaving trails of light and a wall sound to follow, they snuggled in under the covers arms entwined and feet muddled in together. With every flash of lightning they were reminded of other storms that had passed through their lives - flash - the arguments over who does what and when in those first volatile years of marriage. Flash - the torment over money for those years when their children were small, when decisions about clothes or food, holidays or repairs, fun over function were nutted out over washing dishes. Flash - the realisation that life was in fact hard and not as easy as they once imagined, filled with compromise and regret and challenges unimaginable. But, they knew as they laid close together under the same blankets, on the same bed they had shared for decades, that this storm would also pass, that the morning would be fresh and clear and full of fresh possibilities.
I know that I haven't pushed myself out of my comfort zone for this one... I really am writing from my own perspective, but at the moment I am realising I should be really grateful that I have my perspective. My life is great and I just don't want to take that for granted. If/when things get dark my lovely readers may get some interesting things!
I know that I haven't pushed myself out of my comfort zone for this one... I really am writing from my own perspective, but at the moment I am realising I should be really grateful that I have my perspective. My life is great and I just don't want to take that for granted. If/when things get dark my lovely readers may get some interesting things!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!