Thursday, November 17, 2011

Being At Home Is Cool - Thankful Thursday + iPPP

I am really beginning to embrace my staying-at-homeness lately. I have fought it for ages, thinking it was so dull and boring and surely there are people out there leading far more exciting lives than me. But - you know something..? It is nice being free to potter about and do nice things that I won't be able to do when I am gainfully employed again {the dream is to become a famous blogger/writer and haul in loads of cash and be able to maintain a hideously extravagant lifestyle that is the envy of the likes of Paris Hilton}.


It is nice to have my own schedule that I can adhere to...or not. Nice to go to the park, make grocery shopping a learning experience, read books, make proper dinners and enjoy hot chips for afternoon tea with the kids. These are {some of} the things I will miss when I have to do some teaching again. 


But for now, I am thankful for the time I have to do some of these nice things....


Like... going along to Kindy to decorate gingerbread men for a Christmas craft. Miss Z was so thrilled to have me there!



I made the gingerbread last night and have mini m&ms, cashous, sprinkles, marshmallows and some other sweets to plaster on to them. 





The kids had a ball!



Let us not discuss food hygiene, etiquette or design skills though. Let me just say the kids had a great time and it was really nice to do some 'teachering' again - I do love using my teacher voice!



Tomorrow I shall post the recipe for the gingerbread men - because that is what we stay-at-home mums do - we share recipes. 





I love linking up with Liz from 'A Belle, A Bean and A Chicago Dog' for some iPPP and Kate from 'Katesaysstuff' for Thankful Thursday.


iPhone Photo Phun     


8 comments:

Daisy, Roo and Two said...

Ooooh, yum! Can't wait for the recipe!
It can be hard to get your head around the idea of "just" being a sahm, but soon enough you fall into a routine and find the silver lining! Here's to you becoming a famous write/blogger and raking the cash in!

Sarah said...

Aww - that was like a great big smack of nostalgia right in the face - I want to decorate gingerbread men again!!

Lovely, lovely photos. The look on Miss Z'd face says it all - that's what it all about.

(whilst waiting to be discovered and becoming a famous writer/blogger/ gingerbread man decorator extraordinaire obviously ;)

Sara @ Tis The Life said...

I LOVE gingerbread. I will be back tomorrow for the recipe!

Kate said...

I love being at home. My ideal day would involve pyjamas, couch time and lots of kiddly cuddles :)

Will look forward to the gingerbread recipe!

Crash Test Mummy said...

I nearly declared today as an official PJ day, but then I got dressed and ruined it! I'm happy with my decision to be a SAHM, but it's not always easy. I'm trying my best to have more fun.

CraftyMummy said...

As you know, I love being a SAHM so much that I don't really ever want to go back to "teachering" again!

(and thank you for teaching me another useful word: cashous)

Jamie said...

It is amazing how quickly your days fill up isn't it? Have fun...

B said...

I am glad I have all of your encouragement to continue to 'stay home'! Although, being a SAHM really means I am OUT of the home - quite a LOT!

Oh, and CraftyMummy, I really must give your container back! Did you notice it in the pics! It is such a great size - when next I go to a Tupperware party, I must get one of those.

I also love my pyjamas days, they are rare these days, darn school run...

Post a Comment

Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...