Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fashion Reveal: My 'Go To' Outfit for Spring 2011

I have an outfit that I am loving right now. It is cute. It is comfortable. It looks fresh. It is 'in'. AND lots of people tell me how great I look in it. Always a bonus.




Just the other day, a wonderful lady, who I used to teach with and who is the most amazing teacher-librarian, commented on how great I looked. Well... I had to smile. I was chuffed that she thought I looked great, I know she was commenting on my slender shape {which it certainly is NOT}, but I think you can make any shape look better with just the right clothes. Honestly, a bit of care and attention to body shape and clothing cut can make the world of difference.





What also made me smile about the comments from my dear chum, was that although this is my favourite outfit of the year, I paid bargain basement prices for it. Check it out.


That is a total of $61. Amazing don't you think? That is half of what I used to pay just for the JEANS! But this outfit includes the shirt, shoes and necklace as well! 


I really love clothes and fashion, but right now I am making a lifestyle choice. I want to be home with my kids, I also want time to write and embrace being a housewife. This means that there have to be some pretty intensive budgets put into place. In years past, this would have plummeted me into a pity-me mess, but for this season in my life, I shall embrace it. 


I have now started walking more and gardening. How does this save money? Well, it keeps me out of the shops! I don't buy magazines. Why? Well, then I don't see all the things that 'they' say I MUST have. I love St Vinnies and Life-line, the prices are great and I get things that are unique to me. That is cool.


Thank you to my lovely teacher-librarian dear friend. I loved that you said I looked good. I certainly don't FEEL as if I look good - but I am faking it until I make it! Mwah!






3 comments:

Sarah said...

'Fake it until you make it' - what a GREAT line!

Rest assured - you DO look great - love this out fit!

Unknown said...

I think I need to go op shopping with you sometime. I'm hopeless at finding a bargain in op shops. Now the triplets have arrived, I'm going to need re-inforcements to venture into such places anyway. (Make that re-inforcements to venture into any places.) Anyway, agree with the teacher librarian. You look completely fab! I love stripes also, I think I need to find me a tummy hiding stripey shirt for 2011 also.

Kirsty VI said...

Very classy B....a little French style happening there too...but what would I know? I went to the IGA this morning in denim shorts and a t-shirt I bought in 2009 from an Alice Springs op shop. Need to make a little more effort methinks.

Post a Comment

Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...