Monday, November 14, 2011

Five Sentence Fiction - Delectable

Delectable....


Given that I ate my way through Europe, I thought it fitting to recall a moment from a trip to Paris. We stayed near the Bastille, there was a beautiful cafe just around the corner from our gorgeous bed and breakfast. Oh my goodness, it was a feast for the eyes! 


The apple tart I had on my first day in Paris will be something I will remember forever. Although, perhaps my memory is fading and I should try to get back there to sample another.... 




The cafe shelves were full of French delicacies that were a feast to her eyes, the gleaming espresso machine whined and gasped as it produced magnificent cups of coffee filling the air with the heady aromas of ground earthy beans. Apple tarts with fans of glazed apple, pink tinted rose macarons, strawberry tartlets, brioche, croissants, baguettes and frangipane tarts were arranged in perfect splendour in cabinets and on shelves. The store was busy with with locals buying their morning croissants and cafe au lait, dressed in the finest clothes Paris had on offer. She stepped to the side as she watched the people order and chat and greet one another, just hearing them talk to was a symphony. She could not decide what to order, so she asked for one of everything, Paris in a box.




lilliemcferrinwrites

What it’s all about: Five Sentence Fiction is about packing a powerful punch in a tiny fist. Each week I will post a one word inspiration, then anyone wishing to participate will write a five sentence story based on the prompt word. The word does not have to appear in your five sentences, just use it for direction.

This week’s inspiration word is: DELECTABLE







This post is linked to 5 Sentence Fiction over at Lillie McFerrin Writes.

4 comments:

Lillie said...

Yum! I'll take one 'Paris in a box' please. I love that last line; it's a perfect way to end this piece!!

Unknown said...

You just made me very, very hungry!!!!

Running off to the bakery for some pastries...

spring days, new growth said...

I think I need to go there!!! Great descriptions, I can see her standing there, wide-eyed.
Kate

Life Love and Hiccups said...

mmmmmmmmmmmm I definately want a Paris in a box too please :) xx

Post a Comment

Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...