Tuesday, July 19, 2011

10 Things - 10 Things To Do Before Bed


It is late at night, all you want to do is go to bed, you look around you and think, "Oh dang it, I am going to bed, I will sort out the mess tomorrow." But, can I tell you something? These 10 things will not take long and will ensure that you have a good rest and that your morning runs a bit smoother.


10 things to do before bed...


In this order...
  1. Do the dishes and wipe down all benches and stove top
  2. Plan lunches and/or make sandwiches
  3. Lay out or at least plan clothes for the morning
  4. Put washing and detergent into the machine - so in the morning you just have to hit 'Play'
  5. Clean your face and/or have a shower/bath
  6. Clean and floss your teeth
  7. Brush your hair
  8. Have some time in dim light
  9. Have a big glass of water
  10. Be thankful
{I didn't write - 'Go to the loo' - not a very cool thing to mention, but hopefully this is something that doesn't need to be on the list!}

Do you take time out to sit in dim light? It is on the list, but often doesn't happen here. It is a nice dream though....





4 comments:

Kylie said...

No better way to start a day than to wake up to a clean kitchen!! I also like to go around and close all cupboard and wardrobe doors. Closed doors always makes a room instantly tidier!! Are TV's and computer screens dim lights??????

Anonymous said...

I agree with the clean kitchen, i also like to fold and put the clothes away and tidy the lounge room. Havent taken the time to sit in dim light but does only having a lamp on count. A cup of tea and quick read of my book a prayer for my girls and im ready for sleep. Must remember to be thankful!!

CraftyMummy said...

I think I need to add "rub hand cream in" because my poor hands are so dry but during the day they seem to be constantly too busy to let the cream absorb.

B said...

I do like having a clean kitchen in the morning... Makes it so much easier to get things done.

As for dim light - Mr Cool went to a seminar a while ago that said we should sit in light that mimics the sunset. This gets the brain ready for sleep. We often sit up and have a nice hot cup of decaf tea with just the lamp on and have a nice chat before bed... It does help.

I agree with the hand cream CraftyMummy - I thought of that after I had posted it... You will just have to add it as number 11!

Post a Comment

Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...