Being grateful, she mentioned this success on Facebook and included my name - alongside the words 'Domestic Goddess'. Well.... how incredibly nice of her.
I thought about being referred to as a 'Domestic Goddess' and decided, at the moment, I am far far from being one of these. I see a 'Domestic Goddess' as someone who cooks like Nigella, decorates like Martha, has the etiquette of Ita and dresses like a Middleton. I am lacking in every area - sigh.
So... to motivate myself, I thought that I would endeavour to do a few things around the house that have been going undone, or being put on the back burner over the past, ummmm.... little while.
10 Things I Really Need To Get Done This Week
Do not judge me. But this is my ironing pile(s).
I don't dislike ironing, it is just one of those things that gets left and left and left while I am doing other things and then WHAMMO - I goes from a couple of items to days and days of ironing.
2) Pizza Scrolls, Sandwiches & Biscuits
I like to make school lunches for the term in one hit, then store the sandwiches, scrolls and biscuits in the deep freezer. This is my week to get this done. I have done this all year and it is working so well. It takes a few hours to do, but it saves me a valuable 10 minutes every day when I am madly rushing around getting washing done and poking breakfast down little children's throats.
3) Laundry Cupboard
Again, do not judge me. But this is my laundry cupboard.
This, I hate. I hate my laundry cupboard. We have lived here for six years and I guess I didn't think I would have lived with this cupboard for this long. So, it gets neglected. This week - I shall empty it out. Clean it out and get rid of the stuff I just don't use. I think for the next little while, I am stuck with this dumb hack job of a cupboard. I would like to find the schlub who built this and give his forehead a firm smack.
4) Bathroom Cupboard
This is my beautiful new bathroom.
But, this is my set of drawers. Yuck. Yuck. Yuck. (Mr Cool's drawers are perfectly clean and organised - of course) Time they got a clean out too.
6) Top of the fridge
This should be done more than what it gets done. I know my soul will rest easier knowing it is clean.
7) Clean the oven
I love my oven. It is a whopping 90cm, I use it for something or other, almost every day. I have been known to be able to bake 90 biscuits at once. Love that!
I haven't cleaned my oven in years - now don't be grossed out - please read on. I don't cook many greasy things and I use baking paper and foil for everything. I use my oven all the time, but it just doesn't seem to get mucky. But, I know it is about time it gets done, again.
8) Sort out my Sewing Table
It was months ago that I moved this lovely desk into a corner of the playroom so I could sew until my heart was content. But I still haven't finished setting it all up. This needs to be done.
9) Finish a Sewing Project
This skirt has been in this near completed condition for a few weeks. I really need to finish so that I can get on with some other sewing things.
Isn't this fabric just too cute? I love it.
A long time ago I used to have lettuce growing in this wheel barrow. It looked really cute. When drought hit our town over the past few years, the strict water restrictions meant that keeping even a wheel barrow of lettuce was too hard. So... now that we have lifted water restrictions, I have refilled and fertilised and mulched the wheelbarrow ready for some new lettuce. I have moved this barrow to the front garden - can you imagine what chickens would do to lettuce? Not worth the risk I thinks.
I don't know if I can get this all done in a week - but I have got to try. My status as a Domestic Goddess is on the line.




6 comments:
I have a to-do-list this holidays..goes like this: Clean son's room - visitors coming
Spray weeds
Make cake
Vege garden - in need of fresh produce but the task is almost a bit too much to take on the moment..preparation, mulching, planting and keeping the dog out!
Happy Blogging until next time :D
You can do it!! I love your idea of doing the food for a whole term, I used to do that but then my kids decided they like salad wraps (they don't freeze well, trust me on that one!) I find that freezing ahead also saves heaps of money, because you are not rushing around at the last minute resorting to buying prepackaged junk.
Aren't mothers amazing people!? We have to be good at so many things: from gardening to cleaning to management and of course, parenting! I hope you both have a good week. Thanks for stopping by.
I'm not sure what numbers 9 and 10 were because by the time I got to 'clean the oven' I had such a huge attack of the guilts I just couldn't go on :-) I have 3 children and so I accumulate an ironing pile like yours at least twice a week. I also wanted to confess in response to number 2 on your list that I have found a little milk bar near me that on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays sells home baking by a lady in the street. I buy things like date loaves for my kids' lunch boxes. My kids' teachers think that it is me doing the baking…….I haven't corrected them yet….isn't that dreadful?
Oh Carla - I didn't mean for you to feel GUILTY!! I just felt it was time I was accountable to someone - and the blogosphere was a lot easier to 'fess up to than my mother!!
You are very lucky to be able to buy homebaking - what a great idea! Even better if it looks as if you made it. Your secret is safe with me.. I do love love love to cook/bake though, and so do my two girls, so we make a day of it.
Numbers 9 & 10 were the fun things to do! I bet I don't get those things done. Thanks for commenting - it is super cool you were here. MWAH!
Hmm... I think I need to use your list... I haven't cleaned my oven for so long that I NEVER add it to any list!
Post a Comment
Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!