10 Reasons Why I Do Not Like It
When Mr Cool Goes Away
When Mr Cool Goes Away
- The buck stops with me - darn. If the power goes out - who deals with it? Me. If a child were to swallow a piece of Lego - who deals with it? Me. If a child pulls another child's hair then screams blue murder - who deals with it? Me. It is a lot of responsibility!
- I get lonely - Mr Cool and I have been married for nearly 15 years. That is a long time. We have grown quite used to hanging out. Without him around I sigh. A lot. Sigh.
- I have to make the tea in the morning - Mr Cool normally does this. And, on the weekends, we usually have our tea in bed. Yep, all of us sitting up in our bed nestled in pillows. It is lovely. Without him, it seems a bit too roomy.
- I have to wrangle the kids alone - this is not always fun. When Mr Cool is around we tag team. He is the good cop, I am the bad cop. It all balances. Without him, the kids just have me. That is not always the most fun.
- It is not worth cooking for one adult - so I usually cook something easy and then count on having left overs. Eggs on toast is a favourite.
- Doing dishes alone is not fun - Mr Cool and I chat and catch up and squabble while doing dishes after dinner. Alone, it is just me. At the sink. Sighing.
- I don't like going to bed alone - so I stay up late. I watch just another show. Then another. Then the shows start getting scary. Then it is so late that I begin to think that that bra they flog at around 11:30 at night actually looks really good.
- I don't like sleeping alone - I have to make a 'Mr Cool' shaped shape in the bed with pillows. Then my imagination kicks in and I imagine that someone is in the house. Then I freak the shazam out of myself and have to force myself to chill out and relax.
- The kids miss him - a lot. It is hard to be the one who stays at boringo home doing the mundane things while daddy is away having an adventure. Sigh.
- It is just not normal to not have him around. It doesn't feel like home. Something is just not quite right. Like walking around wearing only one shoe.


4 comments:
Wow you sound like you are an amzaing couple even after all these years. Good for you. Great reasons for missing you 'man'. SpecialK xx
Oh, yes, I get it. sigh.
But with my glass front door I can't do the ninja thing very well...
I also freak out that someone is in the house when I'm alone.....can't say that I think the 11:30pm bra add has ever tempted me though ;o)
When my husband goes away I can so totally identify with what you wrote! Over-reacting to night noises, tired of constantly being on and the one responsible, just plain loneliness... Sigh.
Post a Comment
Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!