Monday, September 26, 2011

Jittering...



Today is the day. The day when my beautiful Miss A goes into hospital to have her tonsils and adenoids taken out and grommets put in.

I am trying to keep myself busy. As I write this, she is in theatre. *Deep breath. Deep breath.* I have read every blog I follow, too jittery to write comments. I have hung out all the washing. I am not nervous enough to do the dishes or folding yet. 

I know she will be fine. I know that this is pretty routine surgery. I know that she is receiving the best possible care. I know this. I do. 

But, she is my baby girl. She came into this world as a squeaky, screaming, purple thing. I didn't have a clue what to do with her. She had a tongue tie and we had a world of misery in regards to feeding her. We have worked through a lot she and I. And now, I know her better than anyone else in the whole wide world.

Things like: her favourite colour is yellow. She loves to read. Her favourite foods are gnocchi, olives, feta cheese and chocolate. She starts every day with a cup of tea. She is scared when the plug is taken out of the bath. She loves to run. She loves animals. Her biggest fear is to be lost or alone for too long. She cries during most movies. When she grows up, she wants to be an artist. She is scary smart. She has a big mouth and can't help but give her opinion on everything. She has the sweetest heart. She also does everything with a great big smile.

I am keen to see her. But being a mum of three means I have to spread myself out amongst two other children who need me too. Miss Z cannot hear a thing, she is currently watching telly so loud that I am sure the neighbours can hear Jess the Cat's bell tinkering from Postman Pat. She used to say, 'What did you say?' when she didn't hear properly. To save time over the last few days she now just says, 'Say?' It is annoying concerning. We are off the doctor shortly. BabyCool is still recovering from his burns last weekend, has it only been a week? So that is still on our plate, I have to take him back to the big smoke hospital for another dressing change tomorrow. 

On a bit of a tangent..... All of this has made me realise that I am much better in regards to my recently loopiness (aka PND)... Remember my elephant? So, although all of this is a lot of stress, it has been good to be able to sit back and reflect on how far I have come in recent weeks. Silver linings are always welcome at times like this.

I better get going. Turning up to the doctor's in my Oscar the Grouch pyjamas would not be cool. I feel a whole lot better after writing some stuff down. 

How is your week looking? Busy? Stressful? Slow? Empty? I would love to know, you know, keep my mind off my own stuff....




3 comments:

Kirsty VI said...

Love your silver lining B - but can only imagine the angst re: all the other bits. Good timing with holidays tho. My week....will be short at home - we leave town Fri for a family wedding on the weekend. Hoping to do a little socialising in amongst lots of work stuff. Had lunch with a friend already and a dip in their divinely refreshing pool. Back to the books now though. Saying a quick prayer for all the B's.

Jodie said...

As hard as hard times can be, it is nice to realise that you have the resources to get through them and to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. And as routine as routine surgery is, there is nothing routine at all about handing over your firstborn to the care of an anaesthetist and a surgeon. Glad that bit is now over for you.

As for my week? This week I will hand over a book to a printer for the first time. Not quite like handing over my firstborn for surgery. But I have been having rather horrid dreams about typos and other errors. Eek!

Givinya De Elba said...

You have been so strong! Hang in there.

My week is weird - my husband is off on another camp this week, Buzz is having a sleep-over at Grandma's, Jessie is running a bit of a fever, Woody is talking a lot and the dog? Had a paralysis tick and is in the vet hospital until at least Wednesday. Scary to think we nearly lost her. We can't wait to see her all shaved though. How humiliating for her.

Post a Comment

Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...