Some of my gal pals have been talking about a website. I decided to have a peek into it today and was amazed. You have got to check it out. It is called Birdsnest. Very cool.
The birdsnest girls believe that the way you look can change the way you feel, and that can change your life!
What do I like about it?
Well, it is clean and white and really easy to manouvre around in. There are lots of great brands to look at and lots of things to see and do with each brand of clothing. It is also Australian, which is so cool!
I love the 'Styled Outfits' tab. This is where you can select your body shape, occasion and personality, a selection of outfits will be compiled. Very cool.
Let me show you some of the outfits that I like... because I can... because it is my blog...
Above: These are a selection of outfits for a Yummy Mummy with a Tummy. I like that I already have some of these items in my wardrobe. Other personalities I could select: Study Styled, Party Mood and Classic Woman. Very handy indeed. You can also select your different body shapes from Tall to Big Hips and Cankles {I really love that word!}
Above: These are outfits that would suit a petite 'Yummy Mummy'. I have short legs and a short torso, so in some cases I am considered 'petite', which is nice. If I can find petite jeans or trousers, I don't need to get them taken up which is refreshing.
It is handy to have this little reference guide to have a look at before hitting the shops and wondering what the heck to look for first (if you were not going to buy the clothes from Birdsnest of course). Great selection of colours and looks too. I love the names given to each look, very cute touch.
You can also shop by colour, size, and occasion. They have things for men, women, kids and even maternity. It is an amazing source of fashion brands in one spot. How cool to be able to look at so many of my favourite brands and not need to rest my sore feet!
This site is well worth a peek. Don't be put off by some of the prices though. Firstly, they have a sale tab and secondly, we all know that shopping is about getting ideas and finding the best item of clothing to suit us. So, even for a bit of a poke around to see which shade of orange is in for the season, Birdsnest is a great fashion tool.
So, which Birdsnest personality are you?
Are you a:
Yummy Mummy
Corporate Girl
Classic Woman
Playful Style
Study Girl
Party Mood
Designer Attitude
Naturally Active - or -
Yummy Granny?


4 comments:
Hmm... maybe classic woman? Or yummy mummy?
But I do know that I really want the maxi dress in royal blue with ruffles that is out of my budget
I like the Yummy Mummy and Classic Woman!
Today I took a step into "Corporate Girl" although what I bought wasn't really like what I'm seeing on Birdsnest.
I adore denim and I absolutely live in it, but tomorrow I am going to a work seminar on Private Practice and I suspect that many of the others there will be dressed a bit nicer than my usual dress-it-up-denim.
SO. Corporate Girl is was, with black pants and white button-up shirt to be worn with my black jacket and heels. I went out purposely to accessorise with pink (to match my handbag) but ended up with red, as always! Half my wardrobe is red! Why did I buy a pink handbag?! (Because it's fresh and funky, that's why.)
@ Crafty Mummy - definitely Classic with a big swirl of yummy mummy.
@ JamieAnne - isn't it a great website? Thanks for commenting! You rock!
@ Givinya - I am sure you will look smashing - if you promise not to tell anyone, I actually really like red and pink. I think the almost clash is dead cool - very in for this season. Have a great time - sounds... exciting?
Post a Comment
Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!