10 Things Tangerine
I have been waiting ever so patiently for navy, white and tangerine to come back into fashion. Oh, how I love this combination! Especially with denim. It just screams 'Be Outside in the Sunshine' through a megaphone. Orange/Tangerine needn't be reserved for council workers or those facing parole hearings. It can be fresh, bright and makes a fabulous accent against white and navy. I had a lovely time over the last few days scouring through the Polyvore archives for these 10 drool worthy outfits....
'Let's Relax' - perfect for the shops, movies, coffee out and the school run. Everyone needs tangerine espadrilles - truly.
'Flirty Skirt' - perfect for a spot of shopping, a day trip to the seaside, or perhaps lunching with a hunky husband wearing a crisp white polo shirt.
'Exploring Markets' - perfect for day trips, walks in the park and evenings near the sea. Smell that salt air.
'Polka Dots & Flowers' - oh my days - I would wear this dress every day of the week. I love the Polka dots and the tie front. The orange clutch bag is Chanel - lovely isn't it?
'Sunshine, Here I Come' - imagine the beach, a cool drink, long straw, shady spot, sun setting, skin warm from a walk in the late afternoon sun, making dinner plans.
'Teachers Don't Have to Dress Drab' - I would wear this outfit to work. It says I am fun, but don't mess with me, I am wearing orange leather.
'Yachting Darling?' - I don't know what you should wear on a yacht, but in my dreams this would be what I would wear. Perhaps better for watching yachts bobbing in the marina from a chair at a sunny cafe.
'Where to? Marakesh it is!' - this ensemble would be a great outfit for travelling. Versatile, fun, colourful & layered (and a big bag for carrying all the loot you bought!). Love the blue sandals!
'Lunching Without Children' - I would never wear this outfit unless my children were in a different postcode. One day I shall wear white again. Love the straw hat!
'Let's Dance' - what a great outfit for a swishy wedding. Orange/Tangerine needn't be in your face. It can be used as an accent against navy. Very striking.
Do all these ideas inspire you to freshen up your Spring wardrobe with a splash of tangerine?











6 comments:
!!! These are totally drool worthy and inspiring. I think I need to buy myself some tangerine. I could totally see myself in "exploring the markets" and "teachers don't have to dress drab". That jacket totally inspires admiration and fear :)
Awesome! I love the tangerine and navy combination too- you have some gorgeous outfits there :)
Now, where did I put my crisp white polo.....?
Very cool ! your post came through to my inbox this morning at 9:30am and when I saw the word Tangerine, I read the 1st line of the post and felt really cool because that was what I wearing today,(Didn't get to read the rest getting Amber ready for playgroup)Tangerine nail varnish on toes and nails and a navy top with jeans.(no white though), just got home from playgroup to read the rest of the post and I love your pics ! I need a tangerine bag and some tangerine clothes :)! Its awesome! Oh, just noticed your header was tangerine :)
love it, just awesome. thanks :)
Yay! In praise of tangerine! And I don't mean my tangerine undies visible through the rip in the seat of my denim capris while I taught Sunday School a few months ago. You won't see that as an acceptable splash of accent in any fashion blog.
Post a Comment
Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!