Thursday, September 1, 2011

Crocheted Converse


I have a very clever friend. She is also very generous. She likes to do things for other people and is also very cool to have around. She also wears very cool red mary-janes.


When she noticed that BabyCool didn't keep his shoes OR socks on, she offered to crochet him some booties. But not just any booties, no sirree-bob, come CONVERSE sneaker looking booties. Do we all remember how much I love Converse? Click here if you don't....


My very clever friend actually made up the pattern and design for these very hip booties. She even made shoelaces and included the star on the side. Impressive!




Aren't these just sooooo cute!  BabyCool is getting used to them. What he normally does with socks and shoes is take them off and chew them. It is gross. I can't think of a quip about 'putting a sock in it' but, he does love a good sock chew - especially in the car.





I tried to take some photos of my gorgeous 10 month old BabyCool with his Converse Booties on... But.... they are right when they say don't work with animals or children, especially a baby boy who loves his mummy. Very hard to take photos of.





It was a gorgeous day to be out on the deck in a T-shirt. So BabyCool made the most of the photo shoot to have a bit of a play. And his mummy thought these photos were much too cute to not gratuitously tac on to the end of this post. 




I think I have the cleverest friend. Thanks a bunch lovely lady - you rock! Check out her madeit.com.au store here {if this link does not work, it is because the madeit server was down when I wrote this post and no amount of yelling at the screen seemed to help!}




2 comments:

Caitlin said...

My goodness, Baby Cool is growing up so fast! Great piccys, and the booties are the most adorable I've seen - who knew you could crochet funky baby booties?

Loving the new blog design! You go girlfriend!

B said...

It was not me who did the crochet! It was a friend! I could commission a blue, red and pink pair - she is a very quick crochet-er-er..... if you like?

Post a Comment

Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...