10 Things I Cannot Get Enough of Right Now...
1. Our Holiday Unit
I could have stayed holed up here for at least another week(a month would have been amazing!). But the four days we spent away from home were lovely. Lots of sun, lots of time together, lots of walking. It was a lovely mini break and has made me realise we need more of these in our lives!
2. Kindle
I am loving my new Kindle. I love being able to read three or four books at once, but have them all in one item. I love that I can still breastfeed a baby and read - with a paperback - this was just not happening. I am playing waaaay less Angry Birds now that I have my Kindle. I think this is a good thing....
3. New MacBook Powerchord
Sigh. BabyCool chewed the little connector bit that goes into the computer port. It stopped working. Drats. So, I had to buy a new one. I mean, how can one be a blogger without a fully charged computer?! I didn't want to buy a new one, but am very glad I have it.
4. Strawberries
Oh Springtime, how I love thee. Especially as strawberries are now in season. We went to a market while on holidays and I bought 1.5 kg of farm fresh strawberries for $5. I may have allowed other members of my family to eat some of them. Maybe.
5. Bananas
After a tropical storm wiped out like a thousand acres of banana plantations north of us, I have not bought bananas. Bananas are something that one should be able to buy for $2 a kilogram. There is no way on this sweet earth I am paying $10+ a kilogram for them. I recently bought a hand of bananas for the still ridiculous, but more reasonably priced $6.99 a kilogram. I have missed them so. Poor BabyCool doesn't know what to do with bananas, he has never had them before and he is now 11 months old!
6. Moroccan Mint Tea
The lovely Anna brought this tea along to our bookclub a few months ago. The book we were discussing (Reading Lolita in Tehran) was set in the Middle East. To to go with the Iranian sweets we had made, Anna picked up a box of this Moroccan Mint tea. It is lovely. Mr Cool and I now enjoy a big steaming mug with a good spoon of honey as our wind down cuppa at night.
7. Bi-carb Soda
This stuff can be used for anything! I have begun using it to wash my face. I just sprinkle some into my hand, add some water from the shower and rub it onto my face. It has a scrub like feel and leaves my skin looking smoother. I have found my skin to be less oily, which has been great. At $2.19 a box, it is a bit of a bargain too.
8. Fav Perfume - Elizabeth Arden - Mediterranean
This is the perfume Mr Cool bought for me and has been replacing the bottle ever since. It reminds me of the sea. This is my Spring/Summer perfume. I have only just started wearing perfume again, now that I am not feeding BabyCool quite as much (supposedly).
9. Vitamins
If I don't take my vitamins and special hormone stabilising stuff that my natropath has put me on, I am a cranky cow by lunch time. I feel healthier, more alert and more balanced since I have been taking these things. I take vitamin B in various forms, vitamin D, phosphate and a little gold capsule that sorts out the whoopy girlie hormones. I also take a multi-vitamin, you know, because you can never be too sure of the quality of the fruits and vegetables in Australia. Did you know that we have really depleted soils?
10. Natural Instinct Sunscreen
What a find this has been! I bought this product from the natural therapy side of a Terry White Chemist, but they now sell this brand in lots of places. I like that there are not too many nasties in it, certainly no parabens. It has taken a while to get used to using it, it is kind of like a zinc. I mix it with a tiny dob of moisturiser and then really rub it into my face and neck. It stays white for a while, but it does soak in after a couple of minutes. I really think that sunscreen is the key to looking younger.
What kinds of things can't you get enough of right now?











4 comments:
Love this post B....a great insight into 'you' and all things cool of course. I am loving....blogs and Megan's strawberry freezer jam and morning walks and artscow.com and the thought of a week off very soon and....
Well, obviously I can't get enough of my Kindle either. Really - everyone must get one! But right now, my fav thing is my mango body butter from The Body Shop. I have bought this every year - just as the weather starts to warm up - for the past six years or so. I first bought it the week I moved to the Gold Coast and was staying at the beach for a fortnight (1 min walk to work + 1 min walk to beach = awesome) so for me it represents an adventurous, sunny and happy time in my life.
LOVE your tip about the bi-carb as facewash! I am definitely going to give this a try. Use it for lots of other stuff but wouldn't have thought of it as a face wash.
Thanks for visiting lovely ladies! I love writing these posts, short, sweet and fun. Any ideas for next week's 10 Things list?
Post a Comment
Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!