- washing
- folding
- dishes
- bathroom/laundry/loo
- tidy lounge
- tidy bedroom
- wipe down kitchen doors
- ironing
Blah blah blah...Sigh... I had Miss Z home and she had these big hazel eyes and mopsy hair, and she was asking what fun things we could do....
Then I read this post by a gorgeous and very sensible, fashionable, thrifty friend....
In this post, Lacey mentions how we are designed to build and create. I love that. I have not been doing this lately. I keep waiting for everything to be done before starting on the 'fun' stuff like; sewing, blogging, writing, reading and cooking fancy things. But with three kids and a Mr Cool - I never get everything done. The conditions are never right to just sit down and do something fun. So...
I decided to change my plans for the day...
This is what I did...
- Went and visited my lovely mum and beautiful sister {the other beautiful sister was missed}
- Baked with Miss Z. We made:
- 80 Condensed Milk Biscuits
- Lemon and Sour Cream Cake
- Vegemite & Cheese Scrolls
- Mustard Pickle & Cheese Scrolls
- Folded washing with a helpful Mr Cool {girls on trampoline having a hoot}
- Vacuumed up the crumbs BabyCool didn't get to on the kitchen floor
- I may or may not have snuck in a couple of games of Angry Birds....
I know that was still a lot of work, but just flinging the usual 'To Do List' out of the window was good for my soul.
I also wanted to get lots done today so that tomorrow I can SEW! Yippeee! I have set up a new sewing nook for myself - I will show you all when I have finished adding the last touches to it. Can't wait.
Have you tossed your 'To Do' list out lately? I highly recommend it...

2 comments:
I tossed the To Do list in favour of sleeping on the couch in the sun so that I wouldn't be too sick or tired to enjoy some family time tonight. It was totally worth it.
I used to have lists and housework scheduled for particular days, you know bathroom and floors every Monday and Thursday etc etc. Now if I can maintain the current state of chaos without it getting worse I find myself feeling content *sigh*.
Post a Comment
Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!