Monday, August 29, 2011

My Playroom - NOT YOURS!

We live in a comfy 3-4 bedroom 60s chamfer on brick house. We love it. We live on a good street in a lovely suburb. It is a pretty standard 60s house, one bathroom, one toilet, small built ins and a carport. We have done a fair bit of work to it over the past 5 years, from the roof to the deck with a new kitchen and bathroom in between. We are comfortable here {for the time being} and enjoy our quiet little life in suburbia with chooks.

Below is a room that SHOULD be a little girls' dream.... Fresh paint. Two sets of cedar French Doors {one to the deck, the other to the backyard}. Polished floors. Sun drenched. Toys. Arts. Crafts. Books. Dolls' House. Wall stickers. Fun. 

Below are photos of my girls' playroom. They are very blessed to have such a great space, it is divided from their bedroom by curtains and is just the most welcoming space. When it is tidy, it just screams - CREATE and HAVE FUN! My girls tell visitors that they don't have a bedroom, they have a 'Wing' - which we think is a cute way to explain it!

But, my girls are messy! Messy! Messy! Messy!

Nothing gets put away. For a long time I took it upon myself to keep this room tidy. But... What would that be teaching my beautiful girls? It would be teaching them that if they make a mess, their mum will clean it up. Which is the case in every other room of the house, but with a baby around, I had to draw the line somewhere. I drew the line at cleaning up snips of paper and peeling sticky tape off a table top over and over - none of which I authorised or participated in! U.N.F.A.I.R.


I decided, I was taking the room over again. Except this time, it was becoming MY sewing room and I was  going to allow them to share it with me. So I had a good hard look at the space.

Firstly, there was way too much STUFF!



Even the Dolls were too crowded.


There were too many items for 'Rainy Day' projects, without enough Rainy Days, if you know what I mean...



The girls love to create and draw and be all artistic. But we just accumulated way too much stuff!

Over the next few weeks, I will show you how I took back some much needed space and found a little nook for myself to do some of my own creative bits and bobs.

Do you have a space just for you? What do you do there? Craft, write, think, sew? 

1 comment:

Kirsty VI said...

Looking forward to seeing the transformation. No one space is 'mine' but my bed is a quiet comfy spot for qts...coffee...iPad research...planning n resting.

Post a Comment

Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...