Sunday, August 14, 2011

Anna Says - Regular Programming Interrupted


Due to unforeseen circumstances the regular post that I was going to write about 'Heirlooms V Junk' has had to be postponed. I know, I know, I should have written this during the week, but Saturday/Sunday afternoons is my very favourite time to write. I schedule the rest of the week during the week but I like to leave my lovely meaty 'Anna Says' blog post until the weekend.

Do you know what? I am going to get some things off my chest, because this is MY blog after all. Sometimes. Just sometimes. Life. Sucks. People. Suck. People get hurt. People act out of character. People lack grace. People lack compassion. People don't forgive where they should. People want control at the price of someone's heart. People don't hug when they should {and 'hug' people they shouldn't}. People don't look after kids. People are disappointing.

When I was a kid, I used to swim in a friend's pool. Her dad told me that he had put a special chemical in the pool that made the water go purple when someone urinated in the water. Well, being a kid, I once {hopefully not twice} did a wee in their pool**. I remember the feeling of knowing I was doing a wee, but trying to look like I wasn't, while also madly dashing around the pool with big splashy kicks trying to water down the urine so that the purple stain was not obviously linked to me.

It was not until years later that I realised there is no such chemical. It was a simple trick to ensure that kids didn't wee in the pool therefore making it a chemical nightmare to fix. But, as a kid, it was pretty effective.

I wish people left a purple trail behind them when they started to do something they shouldn't. A trail other people could clearly follow so that it is easy to see the path that that person took. We, of course, would all need a different colour - I would of course choose red, and Miss Z would choose lilac. Wouldn't it be good to see who visited who and who didn't go where they were supposed to? Or if one person said that they were not going to do something, but they really did? Oh, it would make life so much simpler. No-one would have to lie or cover things up because the truth would be evident.

But life doesn't work that way. We have to trust people, who could then hurt us. We have to respect people, who have acted scandalously. We have to honour people, who then belittle us. It is hard. 

Thankfully, I have faith. I know that there is a higher power out there with a plan and a purpose.  And even though looking at the tiny piece of the puzzle that I hold, life seems to make no sense,  there is someone out there with the puzzle box with the picture on it. At this point in time, my faith is kinda shaky. Because, people should know better.  I seem to have put my trust in people I can see rather than hand things over to someone unseen, who may resolve things in a way I don't feel is just. But justice is not my job. My job is to love. To love those who are hurting and those who have done the hurting. It ain't always easy. 

Thankfully, I also have lovely friends. They love and support and encourage and protect me. Which brings tears to my cried out eyes. 

So... on this Sunday afternoon, instead of telling you about Heirlooms and Junk, I am going to log off my computer and spend some time with Mr Cool and our 3 lovely little poppets. We are 'Team Cool' today, bunkering down to just be here with and for each other.

I am sure Anna would understand.

Life is cool. Live it. Love it. Share it.

**{Unfortunately, being in a cooler mountain climate with a very small percentage of people I know who have a pool, I am sure there are some people out there who would be able to work out whose pool I peed in!} 

If you would like to see more of the 'Anna Says' series, I have made a special 'Anna Says' page - which is on a tab at the top of the blog. I felt Anna deserved a page of her very own. I will also need a photo, so Anna, let's go to pg all glammed up this week! I will bring my camera.


6 comments:

Jodie said...

*hugs*

Caitlin said...

Hope spending time with your lovely family has helped centre you again. Sorry to hear life has been suckful atm. Hope it's a better week. If you want to talk, I've got plenty of time to do non-strenuous activites!

Givinya De Elba said...

I second the hugs from Jodie and the words from Caitlin. PS. Relieved to note that I never had a pool.

B said...

Can I just clarify something? Lots of bad things have been happening lately. I have hurting friends, people have been caught out, Daniel Morcombe's killer may have been found, riots have been rife in my old hometown, the stock market crashed, baby teething, children sick, cut my lip shaving, the list just goes on and on....

The above post was not written about one single incident, it was not aimed at one particular individual. I see it like a dam wall of pent up disappointment in people behaving badly, that has burst.

Eloise said...

I just read this post....I must have missed it before....and I can't believe how eerily similar it is to one I have half written about much of the same thing....(well apart from the peeing in the pool thing hahaha, oh what am I saying, we've ALL done that before)....it makes me think I should finish that post sometime soon, get it off my chest, move on, etc. thanks again for being so cool you have inspired me.

B said...

It sure felt good to get it off my chest Eloise- but boy - did it cause a flurry of speculation! That was a weekend I never want to live through again.

Yep, you should write your post. People really appreciate that other people live through crapola. Even better that there are people out there who can write about it. And you, my blogosphere friend, can write!

Let me know when you post it. Oh heck, I will know, I check in to your blog daily anyway!

Post a Comment

Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...