Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Cool Red Handbag

I have a handbag which is apparently - cool! Wowser! But, the cool thing about my handbag is its story, which I revel in telling when people ask, "Where on earth did you get your handbag?" I have found that often the coolest thing about cool things is the story behind it.




The Story: I bought this handbag at Lifeline, it cost me $4. I know, I know, cool huh! It is such a modern shape, very shiny and a groovy fresh colour! I had to take the original paper packaging out of it when I got home, so it was brand spanking new! I do love it. I use it all the time as it is not so big that I feel like I am lugging around my whole life {unlike this bag I showed a few weeks ago}, but still big enough to hold my purse, iPhone, keys, germ killer, nappies, wipes, my little shopping bag that folds down into the size of a small mobile phone, plus, of course, some Smarties for shopping emergencies.


The kinds of people who have noticed my bag to date are: {oh yes people, I have written them down in my 'Little Book of Big Blog Ideas'}
- A well dressed lady at a fabric store
- A young hip check out attendant at a grocery store {she told me she had matching shoes - eyes pop!}
- My big sister's friend, who is devilishly stylish
- Another fashion conscious school mum
- A friend's sister, who knows her fashion


Do you comment on other people's bags, clothes, shoes, or hats? I do all the time. I appreciate a bit of cuteness, a bit of pizzazz, a bit of style. I am sure the school mums get sick of me saying things like, "Ooh, that colour looks great on you!", or "I really love your scarf, can I touch it?", or "I have often wondered if I could wear my boots with jeans like that - am I too old?" etc. 


I just like clothes. I am not into fashion as such, although I do love looking into what is coming up each season etc. There is a difference between the clothes people wear and fashion: I like what clothes say about someone. I like that three people can have the exact same item - like a scarf - and make it work in three different ways. I love that. I love that my sister and I will often buy a very similar item, but because of our different personalities and fashion ideas, we make it work for us in different ways.


People often comment on what I wear too. Now, I don't know if this is because: 
a) I write a blog about clothes and other cool things, or 
b) I have made comments about their clothes etc so they feel they have to comment about me, or 
c) because I just look so amazingly good all the time? 


It is a conundrum.


So, do you tell people that you like what they wear, or am I alone on this one?



{Glad no-one can see me today with my daggy snot covered shirt, hat to cover dirty hair, eyebrows needing serious intervention and a muffin top.}


5 comments:

Givinya De Elba said...

Oh my! That piano! I knew you had it of course, but hadn't seen it yet! Do you know when it was made? Any brand I might recognise? It looks quite like the one I sold on ebay (sob) for a pittance ... Mine was unplayable though. And unfixable too, untunable. Loving the walnut finish and detail on yours!!!

B said...

It is a Victor. Imported into Sydney in 1910 by a DUTCH man (yay!). We bought it from the Feldman family in January - they had had it in their family for over 40 years. Has a great legacy. It is beautiful, needs a tune. It would probably appreciate me practising a wee bit more too!

But...

What about my BAG!?

The fact that you noticed the piano and not the bag speaks volumes about you. I like that.

Givinya De Elba said...

I was hoping you'd notice! :)

Givinya De Elba said...

Um sorry, your bag is lovely, of course! Stylish, just like you!

Marcie said...

Love the bag...and the piano.
I always comment on items of clothing/ accessories I like. Some people react with great warmth - others look at me like I'm from another planet. Perhaps it is my approach - I'm not gushy, maybe just a bit lurky, I don't know - but I'll keep on doing it

Post a Comment

Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...