Thursday, April 28, 2011

Style Vs Cool - A Pictorial Introduction...


According to the Style Scout in London - the following two images are of 'stylish' people.....


DSC_0254



DSC_0244



I think that if I walked out of my bedroom dressed like this, Mr Cool would spit espresso out of his nose and Miss 3 would run into the playroom to play dress ups as well. I do not think this is cool and I am now puzzled as to what constitutes 'style'.


There is a very cool blog called, 'What I Wore Wednesday' - which, as the name suggests, is where people send in photos to the website 'The Pleated Poppy' of, you guessed it, what they wore on a ... ahem... Wednesday. I wish oh wish oh wish I had come up with this blessedly cool idea...


There are pages after page after page of cool outfits and deliciously cute shoes..... I could have chosen a squidzillion pictures of cool - but I picked out these few as examples - feel free to click on over and check out more outfits.... 



IMG_2710





I know that these outfits tick boxes of where I am at at the moment. I look for clothes that are cute, functional and can carry through from dropping kids to school, going out for coffee (because I do that ALL the time, pfft....) and to popping into the shops. I like a bit of quirk, a lot of colour and, of course, great shoes.


But, cool is also about personality I think and I guess I appreciate when someone can dress to show their personality without having to stand out and raise eyebrows. I also like it when things match.... I can't avoid that.


I am going to continue to explore the difference between 'Cool' and 'Style'. I am not looking for a Nobel Prize people, it is nice for brain to have a chew toy.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...