Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Cool Shirt Dress



I follow the blog,  'Retromummy' and just love it!  Here is a gal who is cool. She quilts, knits, crochets, has a very cute on-line store and, oh yes, also has 4 gorgeous children!  I love reading about her wee baby girl (close to the same age as Cool MM), her car troubles and how on earth she fits in making St Pat's day cupcakes as well as cutting fabric for her store as well as blogging etc etc.  Some women are amazing!


A few weeks ago, Retromummy mentioned an Ollie & Max shirt dress that she had bought and how good it was to wear for dropping kids at school and hanging out at the shops, she said she loved it so much that she bought more than one!  I loved the look of the cute dress with the silver Birkenstocks (I too have a pair, I had them before I saw this photo though... In case you were wondering).


Being stuck on the couch feeding a baby, I had the chance to have a peek at the Ollie & Max website and decided she was right - it was a dress no-one should live without. But alas, my newly restricted 'stay at home mum' budget did not allow for an Ollie & Max shirt dress *sigh*,  but never fear - I did find a Country Road one on ebay for a mere $30 including postage. 


So.... if imitation is the highest form of flattery - Retromummy - consider yourself flattered!  I am quite glad you do not live anywhere near me, so we will never bump into each other wearing almost the same thing (although as it turns out, my doctor has a shirt dress eerily similar to mine..)



full body shot


I apologise for the dodgy hair  and corny smile  - this was just meant to be a dumb photo I sent to Mr Cool and my peeps to let them know my cool dress had arrived... I did not intend for it to be blog fodder.... But - it does look a bit too similar to Retromummy's photo to ignore the chance to pop into a post...



1 comment:

CraftyMummy said...

I love that you got a copycat photo without really trying :)

Post a Comment

Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...