Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New Year's Goals

I love, love, love writing lists. Shopping lists, jobs lists, lists of phone calls to make, bills to pay, things to organise, lists lists lists are my favourite! Infact, as I sit here, I am writing a list of things to write about for the blog. Long lists of ideas... Love it.

I remembered that I have written my favourite kind of list a few weeks ago. My New Year's Goal list. This is my list of things to ensure I am moving forward. I like to know I have pursued something new and something interesting throughout the year. I hate the word 'resolution' it is too.... resolute. Rather, I like the word 'goal', it gives the picture of aiming for something.

Here are my 2011 Goals (insert daaa-daaaaa music here)


MR COOL
1) More dates
2) Weekly "Meetings" to discuss ... stuff!

KIDS
1) Swimming lessons
2) Piano lessons
3) More friends over to play

SOUL
1) Keep a prayer journal
2) Read 10 books of the bible
3) More reflection time with Mr Cool
4) Learn to play piano
5) Read min 15 novels

BODY
1) Get to my WW goal weight by my birthday
2) Run 10km at the Gold Coast Marathon weekend

FRIENDS
1) Don't lose touch with Mrs Style & Grace and Mrs Writes & Amazes
2) Fortnightly girlie time with my peeps
3) More time with my sisters

WRITING
1) Write a blog post once a week for all the blogs I write for....
2) Get more things published around the place

HOUSE
1) Keep an indoor plant alive
2) Paint and mould-treat the inside of all wardrobes
3) Plant a vegetable garden
4) Get gardens established

FINANCE
1) Track finances better (at all would be a start!)
2) Save up for a family holiday
3) Be better at filing and organisation

CRAFT
1) Get scrapping girlie - I am now years behind!
2) Sew more clothes 
3) Learn to put in a zipper
4) Learn more crochet stitches

COOKING
1) Make Tarte Tartin
2) Make Creme Brulee
3) More cooking with the girls
4) Blog photos once a week

I know this seems like a lot. But it helps me to stay balanced and to remember the important things in my life. I am excited about this year and look forward to working at being content. Because that is cool.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Welcome back to Blog Land! (I became a resident here during your absence!) Great list! That's the B. I know! Prayers are sent up for a great year for you. xx

Unknown said...

PS. If I'm not included under "Friends" section 1, I think I need to be!

Kirsty VI said...

Phew! You are going to be busy! Enjoy though. I made a Tarte Tartin last year after seeing it on Jamie Does....so very delicious. And my Mr Super loved it. The holiday one is on my list too, as is a version of the mould thing. I have a mix of oil of cloves and water ready to go. No sewing for me...or scrapping. I have a goal of minimalising this year oh yeah, and building a house and moving and getting pregnant again.

Post a Comment

Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...