
I must be grown up, because I have come to a point in my life where I realise that Tupperware is really cool. I know, I know, I have always loved Tupperware, in a past life I was even a 'Demonstrator'. Infact, I would love to be a Demonstrator again, but I love my friends and family too much to put them through the endless parties I would be begging and cajoling them to have. So, I look longingly from afar.
A few months ago, I went to my first Tupperware party in A.G.E.S. It was so much fun! There were lots of lovely people to talk to, I got to snoop through a friend's house (I resisted the urge to rummage through her bathroom cupboards) and we sampled Toblerone dip while doing damage to our credit cards with Bic ball point pens. A great morning out all around.
At the aforementioned party, I bought a can opener. I had been meaning to buy a Tupperware can opener for years. My mum has one and it is great. But at the whopping price of $30 (I know this is not the correct price, I really don't want Mr Cool to know how much I shelled out for a simple can opener) I couldn't justify it. But, in 2010 I went through four can openers! I tried an $18 Magican one from Woollies (rubbish), a cheap $1 from Ikea (dangerously bad, rusted really quick), a mid-priced junk of a thing from a generic department store (pfft) and one of those old fashioned metal things you keep in your glove box in case you need it on a road trip (Eeek). I could not believe how unfortunate I was with this simple kitchen device.
So.... I did it. I bought the Tupperware can opener. I asked the demonstrator about it, while dodging questions about hosting my own party, and asked if she could assure me that it would last. And not just last for a year or two, I asked if she could guarantee that I would be able to take it to my retirement home. I mean, this thing was more than I spent on my last pair of shoes! The poor lady didn't know what to say, so she nodded and smiled (I get that a lot).
Therefore the Tupperware Can Opener arrives in the Cool Files. It has a funky design, safe cutting blade, big handle thingy and says it is ergonomic - so it must be good. If you would like to know more about this amazing kitchen device click here...
Oh, and by the way it has not gone un-noticed that most cans now have ring pulls..... Don't worry, I just turn those babies upside down and use my fabulously cool can opener anyway!
1 comment:
I have long coveted that can opener. But alas, I cannot justify it to The Accountant, for even though it is clearly inferior to Tuppaware, the can opener I got at my kitchen tea is still going on strong.
Post a Comment
Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!