Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Product Review: Havaianas



Go to fullsize image

Havaianas flip-flops have been around for years and years and were launched in Australia 10 years ago. For those of you who have never bought a pair because you didn't know how to say their name, the word is pronounced,  'ah-vai-YAH-nas'. They are made in Brazil at a rate of 5 pairs per second and are taking Australia by storm. This company has made the flip-flop a socially acceptable fashion item. They have a very cool website that can be found here....

I bought a pair of green Havaianas flip-flops while shopping with a friend in Mooloolabah a few years ago. I bought them because they were $10. I really wanted black or red ones, but they only had green or purple, so I bought the green. That is the only reason I bought them.

But, as soon as I started wearing them, I realised how good they were! They were not hard and 'rubbery' they didn't give me blisters and they are soooo soft and cushiony. I really love them! In the past, there is NO WAY I would have paid more than $15 for a pair of flip-flops, but now, I will only buy Havaianas as they are just so cute, comfy and economical.

I am so hard on shoes, I have the dodgiest feet and really should get to a podiatrist as I think I should have been given orthotics at birth. My shoes always wear out really quickly and I am lucky to get more than a season from a pair. But, my trusty green Havaianas have been going on for their 3rd summer and are only just starting to show some wear and tear. Unfortunately, it is the rough hard cracked skin on my feet that is wrecking my trusty flip-flops, not the hard cracked ground I walk on! Not cool.

Oh, and I know I am not being truly Australian by calling them 'Flip-Flops', but I hate the word 'Thongs'. We used to live in London and learned really quickly that putting the words 'Black, Rubber and Thong' in the same sentence could induce awkward, spluttery, tea spitting, chair-falling-off laughter.

I did a bit of checking around trying to find the dark side of these flip-flops,  I googled a few forums and do you know what? The worst thing I could find about them was their price, but peeps said that they were worth every penny. The company even supports animal rights! 

A few weeks ago, Mr Cool came home from a shopping trip with a new pair of rosey pink Havaianas for me... What a sweet heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...