Thursday, February 10, 2011

Is folding laundry cool?


How to Keep Matching Sheets Together in the Closet
I don't often get the chance to watch Oprah anymore. But the other day, I managed to have two small cool people in bed and a smidgen of time to sit and eat my lunch, so I thought I would see what cool things she was up to.

The show was all about Martha Stewart and crafty kinds of things. Now, I am not a big fan of Martha myself. I mean she seems a little.... I dunno.... lacklustre to me. She makes everything look so easy, but I get the impression she has an army of crafty assistants who buzz around getting things ready and she just hot glues the bits together at the end and grabs the glory. And she has been to prison, not cool.

But - she showed how to fold a fitted sheet. Oh my goodness, THAT was cool! I mean, my linen cupboard is not too bad; I keep all my sheets folded and kept in their pillow cases so as to keep things organised and I have all my face washers stacked neatly. But I have to admit that folding fitted sheets is a pain. I used to adopt the method I shall call the, 'Scrunch Arrange and Roll' method. It got the job done. But Martha's method means you can fold down the sheet to be the same length and width of a folded pillow case. Very cool!

Take a look at Martha's Link Here...

How To Fold A Fitted Sheet

I know that to some people,  keeping an organised and clean home is not cool. But... I have realised just recently that being organised and tidy actually gives me more freedom. I am free to invite people over at the drop of a hat. I am free to go out more and not feel I have to stay at home to clean. I try to not let things get so untidy that it takes a huge amount of time to get on top of again.

I saw a quote a long time ago (that a dear friend has since used against me) that said, 'A well dusted house is the sign of a wasted life.' Sigh... It is all about balance I guess.  But, my motto for the year is 'Peeps first.' I am due to dust again next Thursday - anyone for coffee?

B

1 comment:

Kirsty VI said...

Yes...very cool. But how long does it take? I am confused by the instructions...which is pretty normal.....so I think I'll stick with the fold arrange scrunch method for now. So...I guess that means I'm not cool. Duh...like I didn't know that

Post a Comment

Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...