Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Cool Website: Urban Dictionary

 The Urban Dictionary is very cool.  I love the colloquial language it uses.  Just for interest sake - (hmmmm... not sure if reading a dictionary is technically 'cool') - I looked up 'cool'.  Here is what is says...



The best way to say something is neat-o, awesome, or swell. The phrase "cool" is very relaxed, never goes out of style, and people will never laugh at you for using it, very conveniant for people like me who don't care about what's "in."
Homestar is cool.
The Red Sox are cool.
Twinkies are cool.







A word to use when you don't know what else to say, or when you are not that interested in the conversation. Sometimes, it can be used when you do not have any knowledge of the subject, yet you want to act as if you know-it-all.
Mary: "I saw a very cute kitten just now!" 




An adjective referring to something that is very good, stylish, or otherwise positive. It is among the most common slang terms used in today's world.
Your computer is very cool.

Okay, so according to this, I have a ways to go to being cool.  Although, I can relate to the second definition - I really don't know a lot about things, so the word 'cool' is quite common in my vernacular.

Some words from the Urban Dictionary that I am going to work at making cool are:



You wastin' my minutes  (This one is a wee bit naughty, but thought I could add it to my teacher repetoire of sayings - alongside, "Well, that is five minutes of my life I will never get back".)

I just love words, if you find any other funny words in the Urban Dictionary - I would love to check them out....  Oooh, ooh, just found another word for you to check out.... 'a crapella'  tee hee heee......
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting is the COOLEST thing you can ever do.... If you want to be truly cool - leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...